Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Rosticceria

People ask me what I am going to do in Italy once we retire here permanently.  Hard to tell, but I think this month might be a good preview.  I am doing final edits on a book I am writing, I work on this blog and then finally we walk 4 to 5 miles a day.

Recently we have started to "walk to lunch." There is a Rosticceria that is about 2 miles from our apartment.  This is a marvelous place.

We would call it a take out place, but that would be such an injustice.  The food is absolutely delicious. They have roast chicken, roasted potatoes, grilled vegetables, mixed greens, faro salads, etc.  Everything delicious.  The signs are telling you that today they have fish.  It was Friday.  So they have mixed fried fish, delicious and a special fish sauce for your pasta.


Here are some of the types of pastas you might chose.
Just cook these until it is al dente, use Antoinetta's sauce add onion, sautéed in olive oil, basil, you have a perfect meal cooked by The Stoic One.

After we walk to lunch, and walk back.  We have put in our 4 miles.  We walk another mile in the evening when everyone comes out about 6:00.  Just in case you were all worried I was turning into a whale, I have been getting on the scale once a week and have not gained any weight.  It is all the walking I am sure.

The other thing we do is explore little towns.  There are so many nooks and crannies in Italy to explore.  Yesterday we were walking in Cortona, a city made famous by Frances Mayes.  Lots of tourists, mainly Americans.

Anyway,  I am very happy here.  I am extremely happy that we finally settled on a place to live.  Keep your fingers crossed for Joseph and Paul today that all goes well for them.  They have been through the wringer with things.

Off for our morning walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment